Achieving America’s Destinyfor Enduring Prosperity for all Americans
It’s time to safely and smartly control our destinies and reassume our rightful position as a beacon for the world.
Our name stems from our faith in the American people and our nation’s ingenuity as powerful tools that, when brought together on one shared mission, can control our destinies, including America’s destiny as a global energy superpower.
The Empowerment Alliance will harness the power of American ingenuity, the tenets of our free market system, and the abundance of our nation’s natural gas supply to forge a more realistic, rational, and effective approach to energy consumption and environmental conservation than the risky tax scheme known as the “Green New Deal.”
The Empowerment Alliance’s common-sense approach will engage the American people in an open and honest dialogue about the best way to re-establish the United States as a global energy superpower.
The U.S. natural gas and oil industry is creating jobs, keeping energy prices affordable, and enhancing our energy security.
Natural Gas is American
- Natural gas production supports 3 million jobs in the U.S.
- For each direct job, the industry supports another 2.7 indirect jobs.
- The shale revolution has shrunk the energy trade deficit by 87% or $368 billion from 2008 to 2017.
- Natural gas as a transportation fuel can also protect the nearly 5 million Americans employed directly and indirectly in the auto industry; the biggest threat to the auto industry is the ever-present risk of oil price volatility.
Natural Gas is Abundant
- The U.S. enjoys centuries of steady supply of natural gas.
- A 2016 report found the U.S. possesses a “technically recoverable natural gas resource base of 2,817 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) yet to be discovered. This is the highest resource evaluation in the Committee’s 52-year history—a 12 percent increase from the previous high assessment from year-end.
Natural Gas is Clean and Affordable
- The U.S. is already the global leader in lowering carbon emissions, largely because of the switch from coal to natural gas for electric generation.
- The increased use of natural gas contributed to the power generation sector carbon dioxide emissions reaching a 30-year low in 2017.
- The U.S. is enjoying its best air quality in the last half century or longer, thanks to natural gas and technological advancements in emissions reduction.
- Cheap energy is fundamental to Americans’ prosperity, including averting 11,000 winter deaths per year thanks to the drop in natural gas prices in the late 2000s.
- 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck; 59 million households live on $1,900 per month. Even minor changes in heating costs can dramatically affect these Americans. Natural gas means lower costs to consumers, more buying power for consumers, and a more prosperous American economy.