Natural Gas Trilogy: Clean Affordable Reliable
JUST RELEASED: Download our “How to Run on Energy” Guide!
As the saying goes: words matter. The green-at-all-cost crowd uses any number of carefully selected buzz words to make their movement sound beneficial to everyday Americans. They will tell you that wind and solar power are “green” and “renewable.” There are ambitious goals to be “carbon free” or “zero emissions.”
But, at The Empowerment Alliance, we think the words that really matter when it comes to energy are more honest: clean, affordable and reliable.
Energy sources must have these characteristics to be worldwide game changers. And, how do energy sources stack up based on these real life measures?
- Nuclear energy is clean and reliable
- Solar are wind are only clean (sometimes)
- Coal is affordable and reliable
- Hydropower is clean and affordable
Natural gas is the only source of energy that checks every single box—clean, affordable and reliable. Here are the facts:
- The U.S. is the world leader in lowering carbon emissions, largely because of increased use of natural gas for electricity generation.
- Affordable natural gas has saved an average family of four $2,500 a year.
- The U.S. has enough natural gas to power the nation for nearly a century—and the potential for even more.
So, the next time you hear a “green” energy plan that sounds too good to be true, know that it is. We need an energy future build on honesty and what works. For more information about the real path to our American energy future, check out TEA’s Common Sense Energy Agenda.